The sooner you act, the better chance you’ll have of preventing permanent damage to your smile. Whether you need emergency tooth extraction or repair, always call our office first.
The types of dental emergencies we treat include:
- Broken tooth
- Lost dental crown
- Bitten lip or tongue that won’t stop bleeding
- Dental abscess (pocket of infection in gums)
- Lost dental filling
What to Do If Your Tooth is Knocked Out
- Pick up the tooth by the crown (top of tooth) to avoid damaging the roots.
- Gently rinse any dirt or debris from the tooth. Do NOT scrub the tooth, use soap, nor dry the tooth. Do NOT wrap the tooth in a tissue or cloth.
- If possible, place tooth back in its socket so the tooth doesn’t dry out. If you are unable to put the tooth back in its socket, submerge the tooth in a container of milk or place it inside your cheek so it stays wet.
- Call our office or go to the nearest emergency room. It’s best to see a doctor within 30 minutes of knocking out your tooth.
What to Do If You Break Your Tooth
- Save all pieces of broken tooth.
- Rinse mouth with warm water.
- Apply cold compress to reduce pain and swelling.
- Call our office or go to the nearest emergency room.
Get Emergency Dental Help
Our emergency dentist in Holland, MI, is accepting new patients. He’ll also do everything in his power to restore your smile after injury or decay. If you need our emergency dental services, please call Macatawa Smiles at (616) 396-7524. For non-emergencies, you may fill out our online contact form.